- Consult ‘Author Guidelines’ and the types of manuscripts accepted.
- Prepared your initial manuscript in word format (.doc or .docx). For initial submissions we require one document total. Please include tables and figures after the references.
- Submit your manuscript via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Your manuscript will be evaluated by the Editor in Chief and assigned Editor. This evaluation will be done ‘double-blinded’: without knowing the identity of the author(s).
- If the manuscript is appropriate for the journal it will be forwarded for external review by the Assistant Editor.
- Multiple communications may take place between the Author – Reviewers and Editor before the manuscript is accepted for publication in AAR.
- The Assistant Editor may request high resolution figures in separate files from the Author(s).
- The Assistant Editor will send a proof to the Author(s).
- Final Publications will be posted online and to the University of Alberta Databases.
Please visit our link “Steps-to-Submission-and-Timeline-flow-chart“. This document outlines the peer-review process as conducted by AAR editorial team. The chart offers an approximation of the timeline for the submission process, which the volunteer team works rigorously to uphold. If you have any concerns, questions or recommendations please contact us (email@example.com).